These classic photos, recalling vanished sights of an earlier Rochester,
were selected from the extensive postcard collection of Glenn and the late
Donna Cleland, Rochester. Descriptive captions are by Sentinel owner Jack K.
Overmyer. Originally published in The Sentinel on October 19, 2000.
Note: Click on the large photo or the thumbnails below to see a larger version of either.
The Arlington Hotel at Main and Seventh Streets in 1908 with Brackett Building adjoining. The site now contains Corner Market Mall and Jarrety's Place eatery. The Arlington, a showpiece of its time, operated from 1890 to 1962. A fire in 1975 destroyed the entire half-block.